Monday, April 19, 2010

Compo (someone tapped you at the back)

"Alright class today we're going to go though about the food chains of animals and plants"Mr Lim said in his monotonous voice.The class moaned as if they were suffering.Mr Lim was one of the most boring science teacher I have ever known.Fortunately, I was quite interested in science so I didn't fall alseep thoughout the entire lesson unlike some of the students.I found out that the food chain was quite interesting, learning about the food relationships and transfer of energy in the producers and consumers.



When class was over, while I was packing up my horribly untidy bag, I felt someone tap my back.I glanced behind and saw Jake, he was rubbing his eyes and I could tell he slept like a log thoughout the science lesson."You slept during science class didn't you?"



"Wow, you're good."he said, surprised.He continued,"Want to join me for a quick game of soccer?"

"Hmm.... let me see....."I said, while I emptied the contents in my bag."Well its your lucky day Jake, I haven't got any work to do."



Jake grinned."meet you after lunch."At 1.30 pm. I met Jake and his few friends.We were about to start our game of soccer when Jake sundenly snapped his fingers and said,"Oh snap!I forgot all about my ball."



"What?!How can we have a game of soccer without a ball?"I exclaimed in disbelief.Sometimes he was so forgetful.



Jake said that he most likely left it at the school canteen so thats where he and I went, while the others waited.When we got back our ball and were walking to the field, a man walked towards as and he kept looking into our eyes."Hey is it just me, or is that man spying on us?"Jake asked.



"Beats me."I replied.I had to admit, the man looked suspicious.Everything on him was black, black jeans,black shirt even black hat and shoes.I was starting to wonder if he was colour blind or something when he sundenly came charging towards us and he took out a metal crowbar and held it in his hands.Jake and I stood there rooted to the ground, dumbfounded.Just when I realised what was happening, he hit me in the face with the crowbar and I was out cold.



I open my eyes,"Agh, what a bad dream, thats the worst one I had in my 12 years!"I said.



"That wasn't the worst nightmare in your life, neither is this, it really happened."Ben said.Apparently he was sitting on the floor next to me.



"Ben!Where are we?"I asked.



"Basically, we been kidnapped, I'm guessing by that strange man.I don't thing theres a way out of this hut.The door's locked and the walls are too thick."He hunched,sounding like a detective.I looked around the hut.Nothing much we could use in the hut to escape, a rubber band, a fishing line, a crowbar, some pieces of paper and a screwdriver broken to at least ten pieces.



"A pity the screwdriver is broken, or we could get out immediately."I said, the screwdriver was our only hope, unfortunately its broken.



"We still can escape,"Jake said with a smug grinn.He took a small bottle from his pocket.I read the label, it said"super glue".



"Do you sniff glue?Because I'm a anti drug ambassador in the school, you can tell me your problems."I joked.



"Haha very funny."Jake said with sarcasm, fixing the screwdriver."There we are."He said, holding the fixed screwdriver in his hand.



I grabbed the screwdriver from his hand and unlocked the door."Alright lets go!"I shouted and we sprinted.We made such a mad dash that we didn't even notice the two kidnappers guarding the door.



"Boss, were those two our hostages"The parthner in crime asked.The other kidnapper didn't reply.He just grabbed his M16a2 assault rlfe and passed a shotgun to the other.



Jake and I were both nimble runners.We continued running rentlessly on the gravel road.The moonlight shone on us.We hid in the desne forest for a brief amount of timeJust when we were about to run.We heard the kidnappers furiously commanding us to stop.To our relief, a police car was partrolling the area.Jake and I were about to get to the police car when we heard a loud yell behind us.One of the kidnappers was right behind me and was about to slam me.I dodged his punch and kicked him in the stomach.The kidnapper yelled in agony while the other tried to catch with us.

"Haha, nice move, where did you learn it?"Jake asked, but I did not reply as I was too busy running.

The police car was leaving the forest, frotunately our shouts and cries to gesture them to stop got their attention.The car made a U-Turn and came towards us.Jake and I gave a quick summary about what happened.

The police officers immediately sprang into action.The two kidnappers both caught sight of the police officers and us."Bring it!"One of the kidnappers shouted.

The police officers pulled out their guns and confronted the kidnappers.The kiddnappers still persisted.Gunshots rattled in the air as the kidnappers knelt down to surrender.

"Thank you kiddos, you two just help us catch two of the most notorious, cold blooded kidnappers around!Oh yes, want to be a policeman when you grow up?"The twenty plus years old policeman asked,giving me a nudge.

"No thanks, I think I'll pass."I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment